Monday, November 24, 2008

I don't mind getting older...

If this weekend's festivities are what birthday's bring, then I don't mind getting older, bring it on! It started during the week with an unexpected package loaded with the best candles from my wonderful In-laws. I have said it before, but it's worth repeating, I have the best In-Laws in the world! Saturday, my sneaky husband told me I had the whole day to do whatever I wanted, and that he would have the kids with him. I knew he was up to something, but I am not one to try and ruin a surprise. They can be too much fun.


Sunday was my big day. I had finally figured that we would be going to Mellow Mushroom, my favorite pizza place on the planet, but I didn't know much more than that. When we arrived I could see a couple friends through the windows, but I couldn't believe who I saw once I entered. I looked around, and at each table, I just said "Oh my gosh!" I couldn't believe all of my friends that came out to celebrate with us. I was told by all of my friends how impressed they were at Joe's detailed planning of the evening, and that he had been working on it all week. He even had balloon centerpieces for the tables. After all of these years of planning my girls' parties, I know how much work goes into that, and I just felt so blessed to have such a sweet and caring husband, and parents and all of our friends with us. Just a perfect night.

(Pictures provided by my husband, and as he was snapping away, I heard him say a couple of times, " I have to get pictures so she can blog!" He's so good!)

Me with Christin.
Christin, Me & Ashley
Horse friends stick together!
The kids ended up having their own table, and for a table of six kids, ranging from 3 to 6, they did pretty well.

Ramon, Leah & Savannah

Kim with Gabby.
Zachary

Gavin


Savannah & Leah
Dad & Judy, Christin's mom, friends and rivals. They have enjoyed several practical jokes at each other's expense over the years, but it seems that they might be mellowing.Ramon, Clarissa and little Ramon
Joe was trying to catch me scarfing down the pizza, this was as close as he got. I do resemble a chipmunk with the bread in my cheek.
The kids helping with the presents.
Me, Kim & JenA big thank-you to everyone who came out with us that night, I couldn't ask for anymore than to be surrounded by such wonderful friends and family. Thank you to Mary for my card, you have the best memory and never forget a special day. Thank you to my wonderful Uncle Earl for my two serenades of "Happy Birthday". Thank you to New Jersey Mom & Dad, my house smells like I'm the happy baking homemaker I should be thanks to those glorious candles. And anyone else who was kind enough to wish me a Happy Day, Thank you!
To my unbelievable husband...THANK YOU!
As we were driving over to my parents after dinner Joe and I saw a shooting star go across the sky. I honestly couldn't believe it, and made my final wish of the night.

No comments: