Monday, July 21, 2008

Saturday-Mellow Mushroom & Donuts

We started the day off with a dip in the pool. The pool was freezing! The middle of July, in Florida, and a four foot deep pool won't warm up. Anyway, I chickened out early, and Joe continued playing with the girls. For lunch we braved the tourist traffic and headed out to my favorite pizza place, Mellow Mushroom! I was introduced to this pizza on trips to visit my cousins at Auburn, and I was so excited when I found out they were building one close to home. The girls are even little Mellow addicts already.

While we're out that way, there just happens to be a Krispy Kreme right on the way back. This is where Joe's addictions lie. So we swung through the drive-thru and he and the girls ordered their donughts.
Laura devouring her selection.

When we got home the girls wanted to try another swim. This time it was prime sun time, which means mucho sun screen, but it also means the pool has warmed up. So, I hung out with the girls for this turn in the pool. I think these are the first pictures of me in all of our redneck pool glory. Joe got to take his turn resting and watching. I did try and use the most attractive picture, but apparently wearing goggles negates that possibility.

For dinner Joe grilled out and the girls went out to the playground.
It was a pretty good Saturday.
A big thank you to my mom who has faithfully saved stamps at the local grocery chain, and was able to get us a bunch of new dishes. They are so pretty, and it's nice to not have to pick which dishes to use by which are the least chipped.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooo! Pizza and Krispy Kremes. I think we need a middle-of-the-week trip out there when we get back in town. Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

I'm up for it anytime!