Sunday, July 20, 2008

Friday-A Date at the movies with the girls

Both of the girls were aware that Friday, July 18th, meant that a new kids movie was out. They had it set in their heads to go see "Space Chimps", so that's what we did. I was a little unsure about taking both girls, Laura is in the middle of potty training and not always absorbed by movies. But off we went, with one pillow for Leah to sit on, Laura's favorite blanket, some m&m's tucked away in my bag. We got our tickets headed in, and before I could even get a word out Laura had hopped up on the Motorcycle game.
We got our popcorn and headed in to the theater. All of my worries of being the loudest group quickly disappeared as I noticed a whole daycare had a large group on a field trip there. I was a little concerned they would be annoying, then I thought well my kids are not going to stand out in here. I was so proud of both girls. Laura even sat on the aisle seat, then Leah and me. I managed to get the seats right behind the handicapped accessible aisle, which meant there were no seats in front of them, perfect! They sat there like little adults, munching away on their treats and enjoying the show. I was so proud of their behavior, and told them we would be able to go to more this summer since they were so good. I was also pleasantly surprised with the movie. It held their attention, and gave all of us some laughs.
After the movie we went over to the mall for a quick ride on the carousel.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm so glad to hear it was a cute movie because the kids have been begging to see it. Sounds like a fun adventure for this weekend!