Thursday, June 2, 2011

Celebrating the last day of school!

Boy Summer has put the brakes on my Blogging apparently, I'm just now getting around to finishing up this post on the girls' last day of school. After a very fun day in school we came home and they immediately got in the pool, which was still very chilly by the way.
Catching a picture of Laura's head is a rare thing, this is what she's doing most of the time.



To complete a very memorable day, we boarded the Southern Star Dolphin Cruise from the docks in Destin.
The girls had their shades on, hair braided to combat the ocean breezes, and were ready to hit the sea!
Dad with one of his girls.


Mom with Laura waiting for our dolphin adventure to begin.

Watching some of the other boats head out of the harbor, it was quite a sight to see all the seagulls hovering around them.


We do live in paradise, what a beautiful view of the Destin bridge.


The deckhands invited us to come feed the seagulls and of course the girls jumped at that opportunity.

A very happy Mom enjoying an afternoon with my family after a very fun school year.

Look at that smile...that's what we live for!

Some of the structures you see on the Destin Harbor, and of course this giant beast can not be missed.
Harry T's Lighthouse
A little boat heading back in past the jetty's.


This was the girls first time out in the open sea on a substantial boat, and I was curious how they would like the big waves. Well I guess you can tell by watching this video that they got their sea legs very quickly!

And I will say, we see dolphins all the time around here, I mean really just taking the girls to school I occasionally see them in the bay as I cross the bridge. But for some reason we were all excited to spot these on our tour.
Another boat you can go out on from Destin, quite a pretty sailboat.
My beautiful Mother, one of my favorite pictures of her.


My sweet girls enjoying a special sister moment.

A good time was had by all, can't you just almost hear the laughter in this one?





Welcome Summer...we're excited your here!

No comments: