Friday, January 21, 2011

Birthday for a special Teacher

It's kind of difficult to explain the relationship that Leah's teacher has with his whole class. He without doubt is an excellent teacher, but even more than that, he makes the day fun. The class has so many inside jokes, I can't even keep up with them all. He is constantly teasing the kids with things they term "toddler", such as Dora & Diego, Barney, and anything Unicorn. So my Mom found out his Birthday was coming up through a conversation, they share the same day, and that's when I thought I could give him a dose of his own medicine. Behold the cake, with his favorites displayed prominently. Also, they all call each other "little buddy", so of course I had to get that written on the cake too.
He loved his Barney card.
Blowing out the candles, he took all but three off and said that was the perfect age to go along with the cake.

After a double dose of sugar, another little girl had brought cupcakes for her Birthday, the kids tore off to the playground. Thank goodness they had an outlet for all of that energy!
Leah showing my Dad how high she could go.

Laura chatting with my Mom...
For a few seconds, and then she was off running.

It was a fun afternoon treating a teacher that we have really enjoyed having this year.

No comments: