Wednesday, May 12, 2010

For the love of our beaches...

I have lived here for the majority of my life, and I can't even begin to put into words what impact this disastrous BP oil spill could have on our area. We have anticipated it's arrival on our shores for weeks now, but fortunately for us, the winds have been carrying the slick to the west. Of course, that's no so fortunate for that part of the country. I was taking the pictures and at the same time thinking what might be should the oil arrive. I'm hopeful my girls will have the opportunity of growing up on the world's best beaches, just like I have.




Famous last words from me..."Laura, don't chase the seagulls!" You see how much weight I carry.
























Some ice cream to round out a beautiful night at the beach.

The shrimp boats were out trying to get every last shrimp before the EPA closes our waters to fishing.



No comments: