Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Table

Okay, this is a break from my regular posts of family activities and such, but it is SO worthy! When I first moved into our house, which was way back when, before husband & before kids, I adopted a table that had already had a varied life living in Washington D.C. at my Dad's company apartment and then I think my brother had it for a while. So needless to say, this table has some serious character. If not tightened on a regular basis it sways back and forth as the kids climb in to their chairs, and the top is chipping away from years of the kids covering it with marker, paint, glitter, water, juice, milk, hot chocolate and whatever else I might be forgetting. So finally, the time has come to say good-bye to our old friend and welcome a brand new table. Of course, now I have to be the mean Mom and say be careful about 100 times when we break out the projects. But it is so worth it!!!!!!


No comments: