Monday, February 15, 2010

Celebrations

My cousin Julia's birthday was this weekend, and we were lucky enough to celebrate it with her and a great group of her family and friends. Can you guess where she picked? This picture should help you out:
That's right...the Melting Pot. We just had the best night, filled with lots of laughter and good company, and of course great food! Every time I go there, I realize way too late that I should just go for the dessert. I feel like one of my kids, eating all of the things I'm supposed to like the meats and veggies just to get to the chocolate!

Below is a picture of the whole gang. The staff was wise enough to give us our own private corner, so we wouldn't disturb the rest of the serene diners trying to enjoy their romantic dinners. We were having way too much fun to keep quiet.
Chad & Julia
The following day I took the girls out for their special Valentine's purchases. Instead of buying them boxes of chocolates or other candies, that I would later have to restrict, I decided to let them pick out their very own new Webkinz, one of latest obsessions. We headed out to our closest Cracker Barrel where they each picked out their favorite. As soon as they had their hands on them they immediately were named and the girls were speaking for their new characters complete with unique accents and stories. Leah had Harmony the penguin and Laura had Charlotte the frog. It really doesn't take much to make them happy.


No comments: