Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Family Canoe Trip

This is a little out of order, but I had to blog the girls' very first canoe trip! We took them with my parents on Sunday, Labor Day Weekend, to the Blackwater River. I grew up going there many times and have great memories of the river, and was excited to share them with the girls. It was my first time going as a parent, so it was a whole different ballgame.
On our way to the river on the tour company's bus.
At the river's edge.


And off we go! Laura rode with us and Leah with my parents to start off the trip.

The skies were overcast the entire time we were there, and just helped that cool river stay chilly. That didn't deter Laura from wanting to play in the water.
Leah finally waded her way in.
Having our picnic on one of the many beaches along the River.
My parents' canoe.
Joe hard at work, and Laura enjoying her multitude of snacks that I brought.
Leah with Mom & Dad.

Leah tried to claim her spot in my parents' canoe at one of the stops. They gave in and let both of them in their boat. Joe & I ditched again.



The time flew by and we couldn't believe it when we spotted the bridge that signals the end of the route.
We all loaded up on the truck to be taken back to the cars.
We had a wonderful time and can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

We did this with my parents our first summer here. I LOVED IT!! Definitely didn't take enough water for June! We were inexperienced and didn't know better! I'm so happy you all enjoyed your trip! Sounds like it was a bit cooler than our run down the river!