Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fun in the Yard

One day after we arrived home from school, the girls wanted to play in the front yard. We can shut the gates to the driveway and make a whole new adventure land, so they thoroughly enjoy the new exploration. Leah asked if she could go and sit by the tree, I said sure, why? She said that she's seen it in movies before and in books, that some people go sit under a tree to think, and she wanted to try it.Here is our new official "thinking tree".

The cat and dog even like to come out and play with us. Apparently the little spot of sand just off our walkway makes the best rolling place for the cat.

Leah was making this face about something she didn't like, and being the good Mom I am, I snapped a picture as fast as I could. This one's a keeper.
I need to put this girl to work, she loves to dig.
After we came in I found this oddity. This is the first time I have ever seen them so close, and generally neither of them hop up on the bed much.
Apparently this little bird thinks our vent on the front of the house will make a good home.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Leah sure is bright. BTW, love her shirt!

Natalie said...

Thanks for all the fun ideas of things to do with the family. We checked Turkey Creek out this weekend. What a nice place to go for a walk!