Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall Festival

I love this time of year, the weather cooling off, the festivals, the fireplaces burning. After a morning spent painting and carving pumpkins, the girls and I headed off to a Fall Festival where Laura goes to preschool. We had a blast, and the girls couldn't believe everything there was to do. They slid down the big blow up slide, jumped in the bounce house, played several games and won prizes, and ate popcorn and snow cones.
The girls enjoying the morning painting their baby pumpkins. Leah took the time to write Happy Halloween and paint a face, Laura on the other hand just smothered the whole thing in a rainbow of colors.

Laura got brave and touched the pumpkin guts, Leah remembered that last year it made her gag, and she wasn't having any of it.


Joe at work, on a design approved by the girls.

My Dad made a surprise visit and checked out all of the pumpkin works of art.

Leah only wanted the pumpkin to have one tooth, very detail oriented girl of mine.

The first thing the girls wanted to do was the giant batman slide. They stood in line three times they enjoyed it so much.Laura the daredevil.
Leah all smiles.
Laura was so excited to see her friend from class, Carly.
Laura, Zach, Leah & Gavin
Enjoying the snow cones.

I just thought this was such a cool picture. They look pretty solemn for two crazy kids.
When I saw the cake walk it took me right back to my elementary school where during Open House, we would have cake walk, and everyone would have their eye on a special cake. The girls weren't sure how to do it when they first started, but quickly got the hang of it, and Leah won some cookies, I know it's supposed to be the cake walk, but hey we're flexible.

Playing the pumpkin toss game.

Joe stayed at home and I didn't mind at all, especially when we came home to a clean front porch with the pumpkin aglow, and then walked in to a freshly vacuumed house and pork chops on the grill. Doesn't get much better than that!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Maybe I'll leave Sam home next year also. Although I'd don't know if he'd accomplish as much as Joe did with Sunday Football on the TV.