Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baby Shower

I had the pleasure of co-hosting a baby shower for one of my dearest friends in the whole world, Ashley, over the weekend. Our friendship has been a long journey through everything life has to offer. Our first meeting happened almost 20 years ago, at my barn. Ashley was taking lessons from my sister, and I was living in Orlando showing horses. When I returned for visits, she thought I was a snob, and I was wondering who this girl is in my barn. Doesn't that sound like the start of a beautiful friendship? To say I am thrilled for she and her husband would be an understatement, this is going to be one lucky baby to have such good parents. The day prior to the shower was rainy and cold, but the next morning brought a beautiful day filled with Florida sunshine.
Ashley was so blessed to have received such lovely gifts. It is always so special to receive a handmade gift, and she received several beautiful blankets, each one different from the next.
Ashley with her mother Garlena. When Leah was born we said that she was an adopted grandmother, now she will have her very own grandchild right here in town.
The child is going to be so stylish!
One of Ashley's guests made her a "practice" baby. Everyone was so impressed with her talent, this was made out of packing tape, can you believe it?
Most showers I have been to with my mom, she usually comes out on top in the "Don't say Baby" game. She had her whole shirt collar lined with clothespins she had taken from unsuspecting party goers that muttered the word "baby", until the very end of the day. She was relaying the story that a couple sitting near the shower felt like they should have brought a gift, that they had enjoyed the baby shower so much. And that was all it took for Cheryl's radar and she ended the party with the most pins.
Ashley and her Mom at the end of the day.

No comments: