Friday, August 29, 2008

A week in review...

We had an extremely busy week, and that's the excuse I'm using for my lack of blogging. So please enjoy my wrap-up of all of the activities, or at least the times that I had my camera there to document.
Tuesday
Laura and I started the day by taking some extra dog food out a no-kill shelter near us. She was in heaven, and had fifty cats to pet as much as she wanted. They also had 14 dogs, and they brought one extra sweet little mixed girl dog out for us to pet. Laura thought she needed one to take home, but I managed to sneak out empty handed.



This cat was as big as our dog, the picture really does not do him justice.
He seemed like a gentle giant.
We grabbed lunch on the way home, and then I got Laura ready for her very first dance class. It's so much fun to watch Laura get her turn at trying these new activities. It was also Leah's first day back at dance, but since it is her third year, I don't have any documentation of that. Her Grandaddy took her and I am going to have to delegate additional photographers as the girls' schedules are heading in different directions. She may be all dressed up, but you have to study the rollie pollies when you get the chance.


After Laura's nap, I took her over to the barn with me and we went for a ride. She even agreed to don her riding helmet. I understand the theory behind having your child wear one of these, but I wonder if they ever looked at how safe it is if your child is riding with you. She sat in front of me in my western saddle, and I had to lean way back so she wouldn't knock me out with the darn thing.
Wednesday
I had promised Leah's teacher that I would volunteer to help in the class today, so I walked with Leah to class and was quickly put to work. It has been 5 years since I have been in an office setting, so I wasn't even sure I could remember how to work a copy machine, but I managed. I stayed and ate lunch with Leah, anyone remember "frito bake" from their childhood lunchroom? I actually was looking forward to it, but it wasn't quite the same thing I remembered from 30 years ago. Leah would have had me stay all day, but I thought since I didn't have a nap mat, I better go do something useful at the house for a couple of hours while the kids were busy with their school.

Leah on the playground with Gavin. Thursday
I took Laura to story time at a local library, and she intently listened to all of the stories. The librarians did such a good job of keeping the children's interest in the stories, using puppets, funny voices and all of the other tricks. They even provided the kids with a craft to take home. After story time we headed out to their park and Laura had a good time running through the sprinkler, followed by a special lunch at Dairy Queen.


Hope you had a wonderful week and enjoy your extended weekend.
Wishing all of those in the cone of probability good luck with Gustav.

No comments: