Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July Celebration

I hope you all had a wonderful Fourth of July, we had a family filled day. My sister Rachel and her daughter Ava came over to our house in the morning. While Rachel was preparing crafts for the party later in the day, the girls went swimming and I cooked up a storm in the kitchen. It is so nice for the girls to have this time together, and as soon as Leah knows Ava is going to visit she just can't wait. They are like two peas in a pod.
(More pictures to follow in another post of their visit.)

As soon as we arrived at my parents house I asked my dad to take pictures. I know it wouldn't take too long for our darling girls to become sweaty little things, and I wanted a family portrait of us all ready to party.
Ava with her Grandaddy.

Laura AKA, Super Girl!

Aunt Rachel with the girls.Alden, the O.G.(original grandchild), and I can remember when he was just a toddler. Now he is a young man off at college. It is so wonderful to see him with my children at the same ages.
Grandmother and her beautiful granddaughters.
Earl was leading the parade with his patriotic music booming for everyone to enjoy.

Dad & Mom welcoming everyone to the party and giving parade instructions.
Yes, as a matter of fact, we do own the road! Everyone having a great time parading around the neighborhood. And we did make it all the way around the block.
Half way around, some of the kids got tired. Dad got inventive with the push bike and made room for one more.
Sam & Jen on the parade route.

Alden, still a big kid at heart.
If you follow my blog, you might see a pattern forming here. It's a good thing our families get along becuase, if Gavin & Leah have anything to say about it, we might be in each others lives for a very long time.
And a good time was had by all.

1 comment:

Jen said...

We had such a wonderful time.

Great post! I think I'll steal a picture or two before I sign off!
:)