Monday, June 30, 2008

20 years later

Over the weekend I attended my 20th High School reunion. I didn't make my 10th, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was such a fun weekend. Talking with old friends, and meeting new ones that I never got the chance to cross paths with in school. Joe was a good sport as usual and even saw some of his own friends one night at the bar that hosted the mixer. Mom and Dad were awesome to bravely take my two, in addition to having my cousin Pam and her 3 beautiful girls at their house. They had their own mini reunion.


Saturday night was the main dinner, slide show, and awards. The awards consisted of "The Breeder's Cup" for the most children, "Telly Savalas" for the least hair, etc... I was pretty stunned and pleased to be up there with a few other women after being nominated by some of the classmates for most changed since high school. I won't go so far as to knock that somewhat shy, let's call her "puffy" girl I was back in school, but I would be happy to think someone had thought I had changed since then. Hopefully for the better.


I didn't think I was much of a particpator in High School, and I didn't know how much I would have in common with everyone, but I learned quickly that it's an unspoken thing. We all shared those years together, whether we knew each other or not, and it's fun to have people to reminisce with about all we experienced in school and since.


Leaving for the mixer.
I like to document the rare times I'm not in t-shirts & shorts, my mom uniform.

Me & Stacey enjoying the mixer.
Me & Amy, we were even in Brownies together. It does look like I was REALLY enjoying the night, with a beer prominently displayed in this picture. So tacky, but I'm too lazy to go back and photoshop it out.
Some of the class, we were too big to fit in one shot. Joe got several of the group, I guess we needed a panoramic shot. I'm between the two guys on the left of the picture, Mike & Conner I think.
Class of '88

No comments: