Monday, November 29, 2010

Family Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving gathering seems to be an ever changing event, some years every table in the house is full and others it's just us. This year was just that, a wonderful day to be thankful that I have such a great family to share these days with. My Mom fixed another one of her delicious meals, with a little help from the girls & Dad. I brought the pecan pie, used to think that was such a hard thing to make, then I figured out it's one of the easiest things in the world, and even better it's one of my favorites too.

Laura helping my Mom make the gravy.
Dad at his usual carving station.
The result of many hours in the oven, a delicious platter of turkey.


The dining room ready for us to enjoy the meal.

Laura had put in an early request to have the drumstick, and Mom was happy to oblige.




Leah wanted to read her "Owls of Ga'hoole" book to Dad.
It was a wonderfully relaxing day, and I'm always happy to have days like that with my family.

No comments: