Friday, January 8, 2010

New Jersey...Day Three

Tuesday the whole family gathered together at a local ice skating rink. To say our girls were thrilled would be an understatement. They had been talking about trying ice skating forever, so I was excited to see how it would go. I wasn't sure if I was going to be much help, I hadn't been on the ice since I was probably about 10 years old, but I was very happy that my butt didn't hit the ice once!

Pop Pop guarding the much coveted walkers for the kids.
Donato
Joe & Laura
Kyleigh
Me with Laura, I explained to her that the wall was her friend. I can remember making numerous laps at the Huntsville, AL rink we used to visit over our Thanksgiving break holding onto the wall for support.
Mia & Leah
All of us with Mia & Angelo
The girls got so much confidence form being able to brace themselves on the walkers.


I was so glad that I was able to help the girls as well as keep myself upright, a very successful trip to the rink!

Jon
Angelo & Janet
Joe, wearing his winter jacket that his Mom had bought for him...he was very glad to have it!


Leah & Kaitlin
Joe, Janet & Jon
After ice skating, we all went to Chick-fil-A, you know I have to try one in every town we visit. After a good meal and some playground time for the kids we made a short trip to the mall. The girls enjoyed a ride on their train, and after that we called it a day and went back to Grandmom's for the night.

No comments: