Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thursday ~ A day at the Sawmill

Not every girl gets the chance to go to the local sawmill with her Mom and Grandaddy to get a load of shavings, but we might not be your typical family. It is an exciting day for me when I know I'm going to come home with a trailer full of fluffy, aromatic, shavings that I can fill my horses' stalls with. The most exciting part to Laura might have been riding in the big truck.Laura enjoying her freedom exploring the sawdust fort. Those concrete structures she's walking on actually came from a bridge that collapsed in a hurricane. The sawdust mill took them and made a structure to house the shavings.
Digging like a dog, a pile of shavings can be entertaining in so many different ways.
Watching the tractor dump the shavings in the trailer.

After lunch at Cracker Barrel, she picked out this lollipop, a reward for being so good on our little trip.

No comments: