Saturday, August 9, 2008

Visit with Mary, Cory, Abby & Ryan

I don't think I can recall such excitement about being added to my blog, and I am more than happy to oblige. We had a great visit with my cousin Mary, her husband Cory and their two children Abby & Ryan. This was our first visit with Ryan, and as the only baby boy on that side of our family he is a little special.
I know I'm bad at confusing names, calling the girls each other's names, sometimes I throw the dog's or horses' names in there too. But apparently I am not the only one, both my girls and Abby had trouble remember who was who. It's hard when you have so many cousins to keep track of.

Laura teaching Abby how she likes her shoes, what a diva!
Mom with Ryan.
Dad telling Joe, "This is my ketchup!" Anyone who knows my Dad knows how he treasures that red magic concoction. He has passed this love down to Laura, and she has tried numerous combinations, including ketchup dipped fruit. Not my thing, but I guess it's kind of healthy.
Cory's Birthday dinner.

Talk to Mary & Cory for a few minutes, and you will find out how much they love their Alma mater, Auburn University. So there was no doubt what kind of Birthday cake I should get him.

A few Auburn novelties for his Birthday gifts.
Ryan soaking it all in.
Make your wish!
An afternoon at the barn.
Mary used to visit us in the summer and ride with my sister, and then she became an accomplished horsewoman on her own, competing in Eventing with her horse Ryan. A trip to the barn was a must. We have to introduce these children to the horses as early as possible.
Cory with Abby.
Not wearing my best riding attire, but we were having fun. Abby rode around with me for a long time while Joe was getting the girls dressed, and typical horse lover, when we said it was time to share Rider, she said no, Abby's turn. It is hard to share horse rides.
Leah & Laura having "horse races".

Once a rider, always a rider! Mary and Abby.
Back at my parents after the barn, we ate Mellow Mushroom provided by Cory & Mary and then the girls begged for an evening swim.
Leah's version of a cannonball. It's kind of a hybrid of a cannonball, belly flop and a dive.
Cory & Abby enjoying the pool.
Laura swimming like a fish to Grandaddy.
Laura telling Grandaddy to "monkey" down the wall with her. We were encouraging little miss Abby to say "Roll Tide", but true to her Auburn bloodlines, she can't even get the words out. She yelled "War Eagle", with her parents just beaming with pride.



1 comment:

Jen said...

Lots of great pictures, but I just have to add...
GO Gators!!!!